I am a Software Engineer who values clean coding practices, simplicity, and test driven development.
Ruby on Rails
- Coordinated development of Yammer integration with Microsoft Teams.
- Led multiple team-wide initiatives, including migration of several microservices to Azure and generating email digests on a new platform.
- Mentored teammates on architecture, clean coding practices and test driven development.
- Participated in bi-weekly learning sessions sharing my experiences and learnings with the frontend team.
- Led software focused continuing education training
- Developed backend RESTful API for creating and authenticating users.
- Created various chef cookbooks to ease deployment of ruby web applications.
- Developed Sinatra app for customer’s to verify their phone numbers.
- Coordinated development of an upsell mechanism to funnel heavy users into Whitepages Pro
- Integrated several 3rd party services including Stripe, Twilio, and SendGrid which powered various features of the product.
- Designed and implemented database schema changes as application requirements evolved.
- Designed, developed and released an Android app on the Play store.
- Creating and managing Active Directory accounts in Windows Server 2003/2008
- Creating and managing mailboxes with Exchange 2008
- Deployed and managed automated installations of CentOS servers
- Developed intranet site to keep track of users computers
- Installation and management of web based ticket system for bug/feature requests.
- Deployed network monitoring tool to collect data on the stability of the network
- Developed automated scripts to improve efficiency of day to day work
- Lead a project to rewrite an in-house order and customer tracking system.
- Lead training sessions about utilizing Subversion for source code control
- Developed secure credit card processing server to process customer orders
- Designed and developed an internal license key generator
- Developed application to aid the shipping department ship customer orders
Graduated Cum Luade.
League Wrangler - An alternative front-end to http://teamcowboy.com focusing on simplicity and responsive design
DungeonDash - A simple clone of desktop dungeons written in love2d